Wednesday 27 June 2007

We need the service.....badly

I have been reading articles about the impending arrival of LRT service in our USJ area. There was one reader who went on to say that its better to invest on more buses than LRT services, right after that Rapid KL changed its routes from 3 local services to 2 Utama services, leaving T523 to circulated around 1/3 of USJ.

I am aware the majority of USJ folks have their own transport, however there are those who would prefer to have LRT service being extended to USJ area and ideally it should be supplemented by the Rapid KL service. Mr.Lee Hwa Beng, have expressed his views and comments in numerous occasions and today he even advocated on the importance of having LRT lines in USJ.

I am 100% supportive and do agree with him - I, we and USJ needs LRT services badly
One has to look at the traffic conditions during peak hours, especially at the SS16 traffic light(after office hours)., cars from lane no.3 takes a right turn instead of going straight towards Carrefour.

Cars from SS16 going downwards to SS19 and USJ housing estate, its a nightmare. Cars from KL entering USJ, there's a long queue which stretch way up to 500 meters long and its 1 kilometres if its raining and I wonder why they love to built bottle neck, 3 lanes becoming 2 lanes...trust me it only happens in Malaysia, Mr.Lee went to London recently, can he tell me at which junction did he spot a chaotic situation like this one over in London.

In order to put a stop for all this we badly need LRT service.

However, having supported Mr.Lee, I strongly disagree with his choice of LRT stations which goes through in what seems to be places which he has an affection, though I must admit being an accountant myself the population around SS15, SS13, Taipan and finally USJ 1 is cost effective, but that should noy be the only criteria, as:-

1. Why end the station at USJ 21....why not extend until Putra Heights? ( an offcial announcement would see development around that area and I have no monatery interest in Putra Heights for your information)

2. Why only business areas?....why doesn't it goes through some housing area, even I have a house which is near a noisy highway! How can some selfish resident compliant that it will devalue their house.!

Suggestion:
1. I read that Sunway Group is planning a Monorail system in Sunway, why don't ask them to extend all the way up to Putra Heights, covering SS15 business area, SS14/SS18 cutting through to Summit then to USJ 1 all the way up to Putra Heights.

Please don't tell me this routes can't make money??? where its should start I will let you choose but it can end at Kelana Jaya LRT station and make it as a Southern gateway...they do it in London, Paris and Moscow...when are we going to have that mentality?

2. The extended version from Kelana Jaya can cover Kelana Square/MPPJ area, Glenmarie, straight to SS19, USJ 2,3 & 4 (its here where the morning actions begins...1 stations is a MUST here), then to Taipan and cover the other parts of USJ and end at the other side of Putra Heights more towards Shah Alam. ( for future extention and Khir Toyo would love it).

Its funny though that over in UK its so easy for the local government to get things done but over here to many redtapes and little napoleans. I am aware that many will not agree to my views, including you but I sincerely hope they will at least think for a good 10 minutes about having LRT served fully around Subang Jaya / USJ.

(letter to Mr.Lee Hwa Beng, Subang Jaya, assemblymen)

No comments: